Reminiscing
Good Evening.
It's Saturday night around 9:30 or so. Got back from eating dinner a little while ago. Can't say that there is much to report since my last post. One observation is that I'm getting headaches more and more frequently these days...I never used to get headaches, but now it seems like I get a doozy every couple of days.
I've thought a bit about my trip back home coming up in a few weeks. My nephews will be in town, so I'll be able to rough-house with them and teach them more bad habits which is always fun. I haven't been on a roller coaster in probably 15 years and I'm thinking that heading up to Great America might be a fun time. A day fishing on the big lake for some perch with the old man would be great. I haven't been fishing on "The Lake" (Lake Michigan for all of you non Chicagoland folks) since Uncle Mike was still taking the boat off the top of his faded white Chevy pickup. Eating pizza is at the top of the list...Gelsasimo's, Auerillio's, Gino's, Mama D's even....I'll pass on the White Castles for another shot at a pie. I'd like to get a round of golf in over at the course I used to work at...Palmira. I haven't swung a stick in nearly 2 years. I'll be all over the place! There's a White Sox game in the mix while I'm back too. I should be pretty busy. The highlight will be the party at the house on the 16th...horseshoes, water balloon toss, brats, sassage, beers, maybe even some Polkas...the whole shabang. I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends that I only usually get to see during a quick one or two hour visit when I'm in town. Parties like this were a common summertime occurrence back when I was a little kid. I always looked forward to them. Whether playing jarts at Lemon Lake or scurrying around to see if Uncle George was wearing his famous orange and green socks...good times...good memories. Good memories indeed....a warm, sunny Saturday afternoon, familiar cars lined up in the driveway and along the street, the smell of brats and chicken cooking on the grill, silverware and ceramic rattling as the ladies get the coleslaw and potato salad ready and my hands cold and wet from completing another beer run of Stroh's for Dad, Uncle Ronny, Uncle Victor and Uncle Dick. The good 'ole days.
Time to hit the sack here. Have a good night. God bless.
Scotty
1 comment:
Man, I just got through reading your post and got a little choked up. Got to thinkin about how long it's been since i've been to one of those big ole shindigs. I'm tryn my darndest to figure out a way to get out there, but it almost seems hopeless.I hope you all have a great time w/ the boys being there, don't get too carried away w/ the bad habits you'll be teaching them because we always have to break the bad things you've had fun teachin them. Just kiddin, your the best for the job. My girls don't get half of what the boys get. Thank God! Talk soon, Kim
Post a Comment