28 June 2007

Working Out...

Hey, Folks. How goes it up there?

I’m pretty excited. I found a little gym located less than a block away from the Christopher Columbo yesterday. Only one piece of equipment for each exercise, but still enough to hit every muscle group. What’s really surprising is that they have a spinning room. The bikes are a rough, black market rendition of the actual Spinner, but they seem to work alright. Good enough to get the heart rate up a few times during the week. Shoot…maybe I can get my butt in enough shape to at least participate in a weekday race back in Seattle when I head there in six weeks. I’d get completely shelled! Right now, I hope to exercise 4 days a week if work allows. That should get the endorphins and all them other whatchyamacallits going again.

I forgot to mention, but I posted a few pictures from my trip home to the photo link below. I barely pulled out the camera the entire two weeks I was home. I’ve never been a big picture taker…I’ve always been content with the pictures and memories nestled in my mind. This time, though, it would have been nice to take more pix. Looks like we’ll have to have another party!

I’ve stayed in touch with Christian. Things on the family front seem peculiar, but he found an apartment, but he is still without a job and is trying hard to remain positive. I’ve asked around and from what I gather, jobs in Lima are quite difficult to find. It is common to see “Help Wanted” signs on storefront windows or restaurants all over the US, but not so down here. Hopefully he can find something soon.

The contractor that is doing the pile driving had one heck of a time with one of their subs and after putting up with it for so long, finally hired a new consultant to help them get back on track…that new consultant is none other than Fugro…my old company. Small world…very small world in the realm of geotechnical engineering. I know the engineer that is helping out and met with him today. It was good to see him again.

That's it for today. I'll catch you all later on.

Scotty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, good to know you are going to do some spinning. I know you love it. You will get in good shape by the time you hit Seatle. Have a good one. BZ

Anonymous said...

Gosh Scott, I thought you were still with Fugro, so who is it now? Was thrilled to be with you. You look good,and happy.
love ya Aunt julie