Nuthin new on this end...
Hilo, folks.
Tis the weekend. A slow weekend at that. Worked until 3:30 and bailed. No work tomorrow. I was hoping to get down to a place called Nazca to check out some sights, but it's not going to happen this time around...too late to leave and the weather report doesn't look good.
This weekend is Independance Day weekend down here in Peru...they even celebrated at the jobsite...
At the end of the work day yesterday, I found myself looking forward to exercising at the gym, grabbing a bite and then enjoying a beer with a friend from the office named Tyson. Thirty minutes later when I arrived to the Columbo hotel, I found myself looking forward to sawing logs. The longer working days and exercise routines this week caught up with me last night. So, rather than lift and risk knocking down my immunity to the multitude of biological pathogens floating around the air, I opted to take a power nap.
There wasn't much power in the nap as I think I dozed off right before the 30 minute buzzer on my phone went off. A side note about my phone alarm...With most alarms I've owned, the second that joker goes off, I want to toss it across the room and find myself fighting that much more to go back to sleep. Not so with the little Nokia jobby I'm equipped with down here. It's not a "BWAH BWAH BWAH!!!" from the get go, but rather a "bwah...BWAH WAH...BWAH WAH WAH WAH". Basically, I'm not so rebellious when I hear it in the morning....anywho, after slothing around in bed for 10 more minutes I convinced myeslf one more time that I wasn't going to lift and thence decided to fill my belly with a smorgasboard of eats. I was way hungry and wound up eating way too much...some bread, steak kabobs, mashed taters, and a sweet-filled pastry for dessert. With bellys full of sweetness, Eder and I packed up and made our way back into town to meet up with my friend Tyson for that beer.
It turned out that Tyson had enjoyed a few prebeer Pisco sours...Pisco is a locally made brandy that's got some kick to it...I've had a taste and can't say that I've been yearning for another, but many people enjoy a cool Pisco sour after a hard day at work...including Tsyon. Apparently, Tyson enjoyed three Pisco sours before we met up for a beer...three DOUBLE Pisco sours. Needless to say, Tyson had about a 10 mile head start on the drinking marathon for the night and I found myself more than content to just drink a couple beers and call it a good night. This was actually the first night I've gone out on the town since I've been down here. Things were dead as a doornail until about 11:30 at which point Tyson had to permanently excuse himself for a date with the commode and I was getting sleepy, already dreading the morning wakeup call .
Before we could leave, a few folks from the gym were out and about looking for a beer and joined us at the table. After dancing to a Peruvian tune with Rosie, the receptionist at the gym, and about four girls falling in infatuation with my bald noggin, it was time to bail.
So now it's about 18:00 on Saturday evening. Pretty well sacked from the lack of sleep...funny that was just the thing I was looking for yesterday at about this same time! Well, tonight, it'll be an early on...wake up tomorrow, shoot the breeze with JC then twiddle the thumbs for the rest of the day. I may pull out some fun filled journal papers on analyzing the load distribution along a pile...I can't bear that much fun right now in my tired state...definitely tomorrow.
Okay kids...time to tinker around on wikipedia. Have a good weekend.
Scotty
3 comments:
That pic of the week makes me smile too! That happens to be one of my very favorites! Thanks for sharing.
Love, Kim
Safe travels back to Seattle. Can't wait to see you.
Katy
Z,
Just check'in and wanted to say hello. Starting to think about the annual football trip and am considering shaking things up. I'm thinking boys only trip to New Orleans for a Saints game. You in?
Take care of yourself and give me a shout when big in the States.
Sparky
Post a Comment