18 May 2008

The Start of the Finish...

Hey folks. Good morning to you all.

I made it back to Peru on Friday night after spending about two weeks in Seattle. I got moved in and pretty much settled at the apartment. All I need is a book shelf. Four week rotation this time...wait...make that three weeks and 5.5 days to go...

I stopped by the site yesterday to check in and get a feel for things again. Thankfully there is no production driving until Monday, so I got to sleep in today. I was one tuckered out kid. Whipped up a big vat of oats and am now spinning tracks from Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Glenn Miller to set the mood for the day.

For some reason my back is a bit sore...not sure if it is residual soreness from moving or from trying to ride my bike as if I hadn't been off of it for a year. Either way, I'll try to get a run in later today. My running regimen went off the rails the last two weeks due to travel, moving and being sick (again). Hopefully I can start to get into a groove again except I was told that the yellow fever shot I got this past Tuesday is supposed to kick in next week and there's a chance I'll feel like doo for a few days. We shall see.

Special request: There are few folks that can use an extra prayer or two if you have the time. One close friend is battling a neurological ailment with quite a few question marks surrounding it. Dealing with the unknown has been difficult. The other request goes out to several couples who are having very difficult and trying times starting a family. Please keep these special folks in your prayers.

Thanks for your time and God bless you all.

Scotty

1 comment:

bbmom4life said...

Scotty,

It was so great having you back with your Golder family - even if it was for such a short time. You are a great guy, and it's fun having you around. Looking forward to seeing you on a more regular basis. I will add your friends to my prayer list. Take good care of YOU - see you on the flip side.

Kari