Whole Latta Natta...
Good daye, folks.
What's buzzin on your Saturday evening? Perhaps you're enjoying a long weekend get-a-way or got the grill fired up right now for some burgers, brats or steaks. I took a look at the weather for my old stompin grounds in St. John a little earlier this afternoon. 70s and sunny. Very nice. I got to say a few syllables to my sister who's in FL celebrating Britt's graduation and she talked of swimming pools and hot weather. It looks like the summertime weather is one more thing to look forward to here in a few more weeks.
Let's see...lazy, unmotivated and sloth describe my Saturday afternoon thus far. The last three or four days have been pretty intense on the business end of the pile driving effort here in P-roo. Having the afternoon off has been nice, but there's not a whole lot going on in the foggy, thriving metropolis of Cerro Azul these days now that summer is out and winter is in south of that equator thing. I've tossed around the idea of whipping up a batch of risotto with makeshift cooking utensils and limited foodstuffs just to humor myself, but I'm not sure I'm in the mood for the possible botched dinny...then on the other hand, it can't be much worse than the potatoes they had at the canteen for lunch today.
I mentioned above that my niece, Britt, graduated high school. Congrats and good luck in the next chapter of life's grand journey! So much to learn...so much to experience...Eighteen years old...good grief...that crux between being so young and really starting to grow up. Knowing everything inside the safe confines of Mom and Dad's house...and perhaps realizing for the first time that there's a lot more to everything outside the front door...Eighteen years old...
I suppose it's time to leave you all back to your backyard BBQs and fierce Memorial Day yard jart competitions. I'll fill you in on the risotto experiment if I find a way to peel my carcass off the couch.
I'll close with a great line from one of my favorite movies...
"Well folks it's time to call it a night. Do what you feel and keep both feet on the wheel. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here. So till next time..." (Joliet Jake, The Blues Brothers)
Scotty
2 comments:
Scotty Z,
I tell you I don't check this often enough, you are one swift shot in the arm for some great play by play, I dig it!
Check out my wife's blog, and whenever you're down for some KC BBQ we've got the sheets turned down for you and the guitars tuned up! Reading your musings really pulls at the heart strings; stay safe and strong in the Lord, see you soon.
Mike & fam
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment