10 May 2007

Belly-aching

Hello, Folks.

I hope you are well. Haven't had a chance to post...network issues.

Since my last post, I've come down with some sort of stomach infection. Been tore up pretty much since I got here, but the last couple days have been just about brutal. Had a killer headache yesterday evening and all day today...I took an hour nap during the day to try and get better, but no luck. Sweats, chills...The doc here put me on some heavy duty meds and it seems to be working so far as I feel a bit better. I'm on a diet of chicken soup and rice for the next couple days. I gutted it out (literally) today because today was supposed to be one of the more important days on the job as we they were going to install the first pile and run some tests. The blasted pile never made it into the ground. Too many hiccups and so we have to wait until tomorrow. I could have used the couple extra hours of sleep! Fargin bastages.

I haven't slept worth a darn the last couple nights either...if it's not the belly aching...I'm dreaming of a.) work or b.) trying to talk in Spanish but forgetting all the words. Both keep me going in and out of a restless slumber.

To top it all off...I jacked my head on a wall walking down the stairs and I also got this behemoth of a zit half the size of Peru on my head right where my hat sits. It hurts like a mofo.

Besides that, things have been great this week. Time to go chow on some supper. Till next time, take care,

Scotty

2 comments:

Harry Pepe III said...

sounds like you're getting at least a great ab workout lately :)
The evil humors are coming out both ends and your pores!
Hang tuff and don't let those "pile" problems beat you.
harry

Anonymous said...

Absolutely classic. Great to read the vivid descriptions.

I have tried the stomach issues a a couple of times, and it really isn't fun. The worst was 7 days in Thialand incl. 3 days on the water.

Hang in there....

Finn