16 May 2007

Just for the record...

Morning, folks.

Before I fill you in on why I'm blogging at 7:00 am instead of heading to work, I want to make sure that my encounter with the British tourists from a post or two ago didn't come off the wrong way. The more I thought about it, if I had just arrived from a 3 hour cramped bus ride, still adjusting to the 6 hours of jet-lag, the last thing I'd want to deal with would be a wirey bloke sporting a backward's facing cycling cap. I like British beers, the array of accents, Def Leppard...I know quite a few great folks from GB. In any event, that's been bothering me the last couple days.

So, back to why I'm posting now...Covert site operatives caught wind of another demonstration/protest/strike...whatever you want to call it. If you recall, there was supposed to be a protest last week, but it got foiled by the mass of riot police before it even happend. This time around, the local unions must have added to their forces as all of us site employees were told not to come into work this morning. I was told to hold tight at the hotel. I should get a call advising me to return to the site...when that call will come, I have not a clue. So now, I'm sitting on the hotel patio, listening Peruvian pop music and eating an omelette, fresh bread and papaya juice. Pretty good, but I just learned that an omelette consists of scrambled eggs and nothing else. I guess I need to include the additioanl ingredients in my order next time.

I'll probably spend most of my time while I'm here doing work or odds and ends like helping Christian wash the truck and head to the bank...but before it's all said and done, I may sneak out to the jungle gym staring at me right now and do a little exercise before I get the call.

Steer clear of angry mobs and long live the queen!

Scotty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I hope you did go down and do the chin ups. If you did I know you feel better. BZ