You Tube Rocks!
Hey, everyone.
How are you all doing? Officially two weeks until I head back towards yous guyses neck of the woods. I think when six weeks comes up, I'll definitely be ready for a break. Things have been really busy the last few days. The first round of testing started on Friday. Quite a haphazard ordeal, and one ring short of a circus, but it got done. The contractor didn't work today, so I stayed at the hotel and worked for about half of it from here. I told Christian to fly the coop, so he went home yesterday towards the end of the day. He has a wife and a three year old son. To be three hours from your family, but not able to see them for four weeks can't be easy. Hopefully he got to enjoy a little break from the routine here in Chincha and at the site. I bummed a ride from one of the many trucks that form the caravan from Chincha to the jobsite every day. Christian and I have offered and given many rides before. They owed us one.
Today, I turned over a new leaf in my life...I really dove into the You Tube experience. I found a website that lists the top 100 songs of the year for the last umpteen years and I searched for them on You Tube. Unbelievable! They've got everything on there. I listened to songs and saw videos that I haven't heard or seen in 20 years! I was loving it. New Edition, Human League, Night Ranger, Skid Row, Sheriff!!! Now that's what I'm talkin about! You name it, they've got it. It made me realize just how crappy the music in the early 90s was. I also pulled some oldies up from back in the days of ice boxes and malt shops...I never knew just how many songs the likes of Paul Anka and Dion made that I've heard before. The scratchy black and white video footage was pretty neat too. I listened to enough music from so many genres that I could have hosted my own Time Life Doo-Wop to Hair Bleechin and Geetar Screechin infomercial.
Thursday night I came home from work, putzed around a bit and realized that there weren't any fresh towels in the room...there weren't any old towels in the room, for that matter. I shrugged it off and figured I'd grab one when I got up to take a shower. The alarm beeps at me, I give it the ole traditional snooze and five minutes later, it's buzzin at me again. I pull my carcass out of the sack and make my way down the open-aired stair well to the hotel office to pick up a towel, halfway down trying to figure out if I put my britches on backwards or not. I wasn't surprised when I didn't find anyone there. I made my way back towards the laundry room area and found a lady working and asked for a towel. "One minute" she said, as I started to get my wits about me, confirming that my pants were on the right way. A minute later she comes out and says..."No towels." No towels!?! as I do a charade of wiping my face and back in thin air. No luck. What the hell is that? I trod up the stairs and knock on Christian's door and ask if he had an extra towel...the hosers left him empty too! I got back to my room, stripped the bedsheet and improvised. That's not all though...on Wednesday morning, I turned in my laundry assured of a two day turnaround. I was told that by Friday evening, my clothes would be ready. Perfect. Friday evening came...Friday evening went. Saturday came...and yep, Saturday went. I had myself a 10 minute conversation with the cute gal working in the office last night trying to figure out if they lost my clothes or what was going on. I didn't understand a flippin thing she was talking about except for when she'd say por favor, senor" (please sir) with just a hint of grin sneaking onto her face. At 8:20 this morning my door knocks and through the paper thin walls I heard the crackle and bustle of a plastic bag and knew that I'd have clean under-roos to wear.
So ends another day here. Enjoy your holiday. I'll catch you all on the flipside.
Scotty
3 comments:
aunt jules says: SOUNDS FUNNY FROM THIS END, BUT YOUR END???????
OH, from Aunt Julie, AGAIN?#@,,,/THANKS FOR THE PICTURE OF YOU AND CHRISTIAN......
Hey man Skid Row rocks!!!
Now Rush...that's bad.
fposw
Post a Comment