Funk Time
Hey, everyone.
I can't say that there is much to report since my last post from a few days back. I am getting over some form of bug since then. Head was plugged up, runny nose, and some sort of diabolical funk in my belly. All symptoms seem to be on their last leg and I hope to be back to normal (relatively speaking, of course) when I get up tomorrow.
I don't know about you, but the last two days have zipped by for me. I had to switch gears the last couple earthly rotations as a few new things came across the table. It's been some engaging work and for that, I am glad. Things have been tortuously slow at times these past several weeks. It's good to be mindfully active once again.
Admittedly, this assignment is getting tougher each week. The once upon a time freshness of Peru, the project and the apartment living...has slowly become stale. I cannot seem to find a whole lot to look forward to these days down here. My visits to Lima come at a heftier price now that I am living in the apartment. When I was living in hotels, it was easy to cancel my driver's room for the weekend, and then substitute that cost to a room in Lima...can't do that anymore. So for that reason, I am not as gung-ho to head up there anymore.
Here locally, my neighbors tend to stick to themselves. I chat more with one fella than the others, but he's a bit older, married and has a baby daughter to enjoy time with. Most folks who live in the complex and who work on the project in general, are used to this living out of the country style of work. Either they have their spouses with them, or they embrace the nomadic solo life. I'm learning that Scotty doesn't.
With that, my next trip back to the US is 2.5 weeks away. Two weeks in Seattle, 4 days in New York City and then home for Christmas. Lots to see...lots of fun to be had. I'm looking forward to being with folks that I've got things in common with. Coming home to winter weather will be screwy, but hopefully it'll help bring back that Christmas spirit quickly. Down here, I feel like I should be getting ready for an early season bike race!
That's it from this end. In the meantime, if you happen to get a call from a number 111111111 or 1234567890 or 999999999 or some other zany set of digits...take the chance and give it a shot...it might be your bald-headed compatriot giving you a ring.
I'll rap atchya all next time.
Scotty
No comments:
Post a Comment