Happy Thanksgiving...
I hope you are all enjoying/enjoyed the yard bird, mashed taters, gravy, and stuffing. No turkey for us today on site. Had some sweet potatoes and the closest thing to cranberry sauce were the beets.
The project continues to be slow from a piling perspective. I volunteered to be a bolt checker on the steel erection side of things just to provide some services...but the contractor can't even get the right bolts or washers installed! Oye veigh.
So, in effort to mix the day up and in light of the terrible food at the lunch line, the marine construction manager, Calvin, started making what have generically been coined as "toasties". Calvin's from Wales, and them guys talk funny anyway...but his toasties are spot on delicious. He's got a toaster, a sandwich maker and a spin-off to the George Foreman grill in the office here at the beach. A toasty consists of anything from a simple grilled cheese sando to medium rare grilled Argentinian beef topped with grilled onions and melted mozzarella cheese. The other day, Calvin whipped up a great chicken pita shindig loaded with Indian spices, onions, tomatoes and a cucumber sauce. This guy can cook! The toasties definitely brighten up the day. The jar of chocolaty goodness is never too far away either. The mornings are well covered. We just need to think of something for the afternoons now...
My weekend schedule is iffy just yet, but there's a chance a few friends might come over for some beach living and BBQ eating Saturday and Sunday. It all depends on whether or not the contractor will drive a trifecta of steel sticks in the ground.
That's all I gots for the start of the holiday season. I saw that there was some snow back yonder...couldn't think of a better way to get the season started. Enjoy the next three days of leftovers and family time. Take care and God bless.
Scotty
2 comments:
Merry Christmas Scott!
Hey Z,
Sorry we couldn't catch up while you were in H-Town. Be sure to give us a ring the next time you're going to be in town. Saw ol' Tiller is calling it quits after next season...I'm sure you're thrilled! I tried to call you back once the holidays were over, but by then your number wasn't on my phone list any more. Please give me a call when you have a chance so we can catch up on things, or send me and email at BEGottfried@MarathonOil.com. Oh, and I voted for Gremlins. A much underappreicated movie that I NEVER see on TV. Pichers and catchers report in less than 2 weeks! Later!
Post a Comment