12 March 2008

Wednesday Night Note...

Hidey ho, folks.

Writing to you on a muggy Wednesday night from Cerro Azul. The saturated, musty air is trying to circulate around the apartment but is failing miserably.

My multi-stop visit back to the US was good and definitely too short. Usually at the end of my R&Rs, I want to get back to work and/or a routine...not so much this last go around. I could have used another week. Visits to brother, sister and the folks all went well. I even scored some Kodiak cakes a couple mornings and Mom and Dad's...pure breakfast bliss! Give 'em a try with banana and some ground up walnuts...good stuff. I actually brought back five boxes with me to Peru. My plan was to hand four out to friends from Australia, Wales and Malta and let them have a go with the fifth box for me...but another buddy of mine was around and I thought he and his wife would enjoy the eats too...so...I've got to waith another six weeks before I dip into the whole-wheat goodness myself.

I actually had to buy a cheap suitcase to bring back all the goodies I snagged for mates down here...Kodiak cakes, baby Oragel, six packs of Fritos and Cheetos, a tennis racket, McCormick brand cocktail sauce, an exercise ball, and some hair goop for my buddy's wife. Everyone was happy with the goods, so it was well worth it.

The project is moving forward. Things should speed up a bit now that a HUGE bump has been wrapped up. We shall see. Looking forward to a speedy six weeks.

Planning to hit Cusco and Machu Pichu at the end of this six weeks. I held off from going last year so some friends could make the trip...So, to all yous guys...if you want to see a "wonder of the world" let me know and get yer butt down here...we'll check it out together.

That is all for now. I'll rap atchya all later on.

God bless,

Scotty

No comments: